10 down, 20 smallpeople to go.....
No, I haven't given up, just altered my original project plan a little. When I first thought about this project, the intention was to do a collage a day that took me about half an hour.
Well, I am definitely having fun creating these collages but there is very little that is quick about the process at all. While I am working on one I am generally thinking about ideas for the next and then the one after.So not really so spontaneous at all! I didn't take into account that I like to spend time over the small details - sifting through my piles of paper for just the right shade of blue takes much more time than I had anticipated! I've always worked this way and it was kind of silly to think that all of a sudden I would change.
So my new game plan - I have made ten smallpeople and now I will take a weeks break and catch up on all of the other tasks that I've been neglecting. At the same time I will keep on scribbling down my ideas , sorting and organising my enormous and ever growing piles of paper and then be back next week with the next 10 collages. Sounds like a good plan to me.....oh and a big thank you to everyone who has left comments for me- the feedback has been incredibly encouraging and motivating. (I am slowly responding to the emails- one of those neglected tasks, I'm afraid...)
So,what else have I been up to besides snipping and tearing and gluing?
These two long promised scarves....I finally managed to find some more of my favourite hand dyed wool. Even better than that I have managed to convince the lovely lady who makes it to let me sell it! Sometime sooner than later I will have some up for offer in the shop. I'm still considering making some scarves or hats for sale -no firm decisions there yet.
I sewed the body of this felt bird a few months back and he's been sitting on my shelf waiting to be finished ever since. Actually, sitting is a bit of an exaggeration as he tends to topple over on one side (due to his lack of legs!) and look a lot like a rather dead bird! I was fulling a piece of felt over the weekend and decided to throw him in as well just to see what happened. After a good long soak in hot soapy water and a bit of squeezing, he came out looking quite a bit smaller and very smooth and almost seamless. Quite lovely indeed.
Now all he needs is a few embroidered features and some legs to keep him balanced and then he will be finished. Finally! Tick one felt bird off the list!